Monday, May 14, 2007

So Long, Farewell! Auf Weidersein, Good nigh - ight!

So, my last day in Bad Gastein, Austria was lovely! I had to do laundry, so after I hung it out to dry in the crisp Alpine air, I caught a bus to Bad Hofgastein, the next village over! I wanted to get my pics burned to a disc in preparation for Italy! As I walked from the bus stop towards the center of town, I came across a bridge. I stopped to check out the view and it was AMAZING! Because the town is in the valley at a lower elevation, there is a nice view of the glaciers! Wow! Now that is an incredible sight!! After a bit of contemplation and reflection, I headed into town and dropped off my SD card. For several hours, I wondered around the town simply enjoying being there! I stopped for a quick lunch of Shredded Potato Soup (weird) and as the day the day grew long, I headed a bus back up the mountain! The rest of the evening was spent hanging out and saying goodbyes.

I was sad to be leaving Austria! And the Alps!! I had an amazing time! I really do love the mountains! So, my train leaves early in the morning for Venice! I can't believe that it's my final country before heading back to the UK!!! That's weird!! I've been traveling for 7 weeks already!! Wow.... well, Italy, here I come!!!

No comments: