Saturday, May 05, 2007

Prost Wohl!

I'm in Munich, the capital of Bavaria! Land of Lederhosen, Brats, and gi-normous beers!

First, let me start of by filling you in on some interesting happenings! My last meal in Vienna was funny! I went to this restaurant called Mozart Stubl. They offered a Weiner Schnitzel dinner for 5 Euros for backpackers! It was a HUGE plate of food! While I was waiting on my nummies, _an older Austrian man who was sitting in the corner booth began grunting. It became louder and more pronounced as he slurped his soup or goulash or whatever the fuck he was eating. He then started to growl and said "Sehr Gut! Das ist sehr sehr gut!" And continued to grunt and moan his way through his meal. I sunk down in my chair to hide my chuckling! He obviously enjoyed it immensely! Good for him! And I had a laugh .... so, good for me! My dinner was good, but not enough to throw me into orgasmic moans.... unfortunately.

The other interesting, and far less amusing, event happened on the train from Slovakia. I was sitting in my compartment with several other people. Since I bought the ticket, of course it was in 2nd class. So, there were children and people all about. One of those children started to whine. Annoying under the best of circumstances, but after his/her mother picked him/her up, that child burped and threw up in the passageway just outside the compartment door. Fuuuuck! The stench was great. That child vomited 2 - 3 more times, my stomach turning with each subsequent splat. When the child was finished, the woman went about mopping up the awful mess with paper towel. It took several trips. Dear God... thank you for the travel size Oust Spray and train windows that open!! It was oh so special!

Anyway, I took a very early train this morning and left Vienna in a haze of drizzle. I arrived at Munich around 12:30 and went to the hostel. I couldn't get into my room until after 2 pm, so I put my main pack in the storage room and went in search of sustainance. I got a quick bite to eat and then popped into what looked like a supermarket. It was actually a discount store, kind of like the stale store! Hooray! After getting a few necessary items, I headed back to the hostel to put my bags in the room. I pulled a bunch of shit out of my backpack and headed to Deutche Post. I'll be sending one more box back to the States. Wow, my last one! Maybe... Anyway, I got to the post office and the line was horrific. Saturday afternoon. Yikes! Well, I assumed they closed at 5, but after waiting in line for about 40 minutes, the german boy behind the counter informed me that they closed at 4 pm. So, I got the box and took everything back to the hostel. It's all good! I'll just wait a few days and throw in whatever I may accumulate hear in Munich! My pack will be super light for the next 5 weeks. Well, we will see how long that lasts!

The rest of the evening was spend chatting with a bunch of fun people! It was a very interesting night! Saturday night in Munchen is amusing to say the least! Everyone was drunk on Bavarian wheat beer and running amuck! Wow! I was outside smoking, and this cab driver stopped in the middle of the road, turned around, and pulled up on the sidewalk next me. He informed me that he was Jamaican and loved big woman. So, I lied and said my boyfriend was inside, hopnig that he would go away. But he persisted and said that it didn't matter! A boyfriend doesn't mean married and that I should accompany him to a Reggae concert later in the evening. Oy vey. But it was funny! When I came back in, I was confronted with a very drunk Irish boy who asked me if I knew where his luggage was! Then his room. Laughing, I asked if he was ok and, in incrediably slurred disjointed speech, he said,"I'm Irish. I'm fine." I met a bunch of characters last nights! Boys in Kilts, an Aussie Actress, and a Good Ole Corn Fed American Boy. Despite the hullaballoo, I did manage to get to bed before 1 am. I was exhausted!

So, today is Sunday and it is truly a day of rest in Europe. Nothing is open! I've come to accept this after 6 weeks and plan accordingly. So, I bought picnic supplies yesterday and I will be going out to Dachau Concentration camp in a little while. I was going to take a tour, but decided that it was something I needed to do on my own. So, that's what I'm doing. Dachau was the first camp and the model for all others.... including Auschwitz. Munich was the seat of Hitler's regime and there is still a bunch of his shit around. Anyway, I'll write a seperate post specifically for Dachau. I'm off.....

No comments: