Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Do ... a Deer, a Female Deer

Yeeeeaaaaa!! I slept until 11 am this morning!!! For the first tim ein 5 weeks, I have had a decent night of sleep! Woo hoo!!

OK... now that that is out of my system! I took my time getting ready this morning. Obviously, I did not make it Mauthausen or the Ice Caves. So, I headed out around 12 to find some lunch and wander. I first stopped at Mirabella Gardens. They are beautiful, but there isn't much to them. I danced around the Pegasus Fountain singing Do Re Mi just like the von Trapp children. OK, I didn't. But I thought about it and I did take a picture! After relaxing under the clear blue alpine skies, I headed across the river Salzach and made my way to the Old Town. I wandered for a awhile, perusing menus of over priced italian and chinese food (??), before finally finding an open Wurstl stand. It'S a bank holiday here in Austria, and most everything is closed! Anyway, I got a spicy "hot dog" called a Kaiser. It was good, but probably not very healthy. Hmmmm... I better have some warm apple strudl to balance things out. You know... it's fruit!! So, I walked back to Mozart Platz and sat in the garden of a little cafe. The strudl was amazing!! I decided to try it with the warm vanilla sauce, like the Austrians do! Oh... it was good!!!! I enjoyed every bite! After wandering around Salzburg for awhile, I headed back to the hostel!

So, today is a very relaxed day, and I am enjoying it immensely! I leave for Vienna in the morning, so it was good to have a down day before the hustel and bustle of Viennese life!

No comments: