Monday, May 07, 2007

Oompas and Flaming Nipples

So, Sunday was a very interesting day, full of contrast. After Dachau, my new friends and I decided to head back to Munich and grab a bite to eat, then take the traditional German kuchen. An afternoon coffe with cakes! So, we got back on the S - Bahn and made our way back. We agreed to go to the Agustiner Brauhaus (beer hall), which was great since checking out a beer hall in Bavaria was a high priority! The Brauhaus was interesting! It was like an old cafeteria! I got the Weinerwurst mit Kartofalsalat - sausages with potato salad - and a large beer! It was great! We then walked through Marienplatz and found a cafe that seemed interesting! So, we sat outside and had our coffe and cakes. Well, I got apple strudel with vanilla sauce... I'm being a vanilla whore. By the time we finished, the sun was setting and we were a bit drained from a busy and emotional day. So, we headed back to the hostel. As we reached the corner near the hostel, we were consumed by a rowdy group of British boys in ridiculous costumes! Tania and I made it across the street and we started to chat with the boys! They were there for a Stag party and seemed to be having great fun! One of the boys pulled his trousers and pants down and put a cleaver in his crack! we were laughing so hard! Yes, I had my picture taken with them and we all had a laugh! So, finally, I headed back to the hostel. Krista and I decided it would be great fun to head over to the Hofbrauhaus to see if we could find the boys! Now, the Hofbrauhaus is a big, old beer hall that is still state run! Hitler gave a lot of speeches at the hall. Weird to think that we were drinking in the same place as Hitler.... especially after Dachau. On our way there, we ran into another girl form the hostel, and we asked her to join us! It didn't take any convincing, so our threesome became four!

We got there about 8:45 pm, but there was no sign of the boys. Damn! No matter, the place was bursting at the seems, so we decided to stay! We had trouble finding space, but we finally found a table with only a few old people sitting there. But, as we were about to sit down, these boys called over to us and begged us to sit with them! OK! So, as luck would have it, we found a stag party after all! And, would you believe it, they were British as well! What fun!! But, oh boy, the evening was insane! I have some great pictures, because everyone was grabbing my camera and taking shots! It was fabulous! The boys were pissed beyond rational thought, and one of them started to catch his chest hair on fire! Little flames would dance around his nipples! We just about died! I danced an Oompa dance to a traditional Oompa band with quite a few of the boys! By the time we left, my cheeks were stiff with slober from being kissed - a lot! I can't wait to show everyone the pics!

So, Tania and I decided to decline an extended evening with the boys at a local bar called Boobs and instead, we headed back to the hostel! We laughed all the way back looking at the pictures and swapping tales! It was great! And after Gi-NORMOUS Steins of beer, we were loopy! Good times!

Anyway, I had a great first day in Munich! It was packed full of new experiences and new friends! Wonder what tomorrow will bring in the Beer Capital of the World??!!??

No comments: