Friday, April 06, 2007

Where you Headed, Love?

So my last day in Glastonbury was fairly uneventful!I did end up going to the pub that night with some folks I had met earlier that day. It was Karaoke Night and the pub was packed. The first song i heard upon nearing the front door was an Irish bloke bellowing Country Roads. How bizarre!! But great fun!

The next morning, I had to get up early to catch the bus back to Bristol so I could catch a 10:59 train to Durham. My family was picking me up at 5 pm, so I needed to be on time! I was in the kitchen when I heard the bus outside. I figured there would be another bus in 30 minutes or.... I was wrong. I looked at the bus schedule and the next bus wasn't for nearly 2 hours!! So, I was offered a ride by a guy I had met in the pub the night before. Yea.... I know. But I arrived in one piece! So no worries! He fancied me.... if you want all the details of the VERY interesting and adventurous day, email me!

So, I made it into Bristol and managed to get on a train that would put me in Durham at 4:30 pm. I had to transfer at Birmingham, and this boy of about 10-12 came up to me on the platform and said, "Where you headed, Love?" It was the funniest thing and I think it embarrassed his mother! It made me laugh! Anyway, My family picked me up and we headed over to west Cornforth. It was FABULOUS seeing them again! I also got to meet all of the family that i hadn't met yet! That evening, we had Fish & Chips and Mushy Peas! Loved it! Esp. the chips w/ salt & vinegar and the mushy peas! Then we headed over to the pub! I tried John Smith ale and it was ok! Now, I lost track of how much i drank because there was always a fresh pint waiting for me even before I was finished the one I was drinking! But it was brilliant fun!

The next day was cold and dreary, so, after a hearty breakfast of Bacon butties, we decided to go shopping in Darlington! I found a fabulous scarf for £2! We then popped into Crombie's for dinner (lunch) and I had Minced Beef w/ Yorkshire Pudding and Roast Tatties. After, I tried Spotted dick! It was all wonderful! After a very filling dinner, we headed over to the old market that had everything you could ever need! The Butcher, the Baker, & the Candlestick Maker! We headed back to West Cornforth to regroup.

After a bit of relaxation, Anita brought Kyle over! He just turned 2 and is too much! He was all smiles when he walked in the door.... until he saw me. His entire face dropped and he said YUCK! We all laughed! After a few minutes he warmed up to me. Every time something didn't go his way, he would say DAMN ! Very funny! So, after they headed out, we had afternoon tea, which is more like a small meal. I had Pork Pies, Savory Eggs, lettuce w/ Salad Cream, and of course ham. It was good! Later that evening, we went over to Joanne's and hung out drinking wine and ale and having a great time! It was a lovely way to end my stay!

So early the next morning they took me to the train station. And after buying my tickets (they knew someone at the train station, so I got incredible bargains fares), they walked me over to the platform. we said our goodbyes and i promised to come back soon! After hugs and kisses, I boarded the train to Edinburgh!

No comments: