Saturday, April 28, 2007

La Vie Boheme

I'm in Southern Bohemia and it's gorgous! Cesky Krumlov is beautiful! Touristy, but wonderful! The castle is amazing! It looks like it is right out of a fairy tale!! So, I spent the entire day wandering the cobblestone streets and I hiked up to the castle! The views from up top are stunning! I wandered my way back down and started looking for something to eat. All I saw were sit down restaurants. OK.... I kept walking and still had not found anything! So I walked back to the TI and asked if there were any super markets and cheap places to eat. No.... there are not. Oh well. I grabbed a pizza and a diet coke for about $5 USD. Not bad at all! And after I finish this blog, I fully intend to enjoy a Czech Ice Cream Sundae on the banks of the Vltava river watching the sun set! It will a great end to a great day!

So, Cesky Krumlov is definitely cheaper than Prague. If they had a supermarket, you could easily get by on $20 - $25 / day. But since they do not, $40 / day is about right. Still not too bad! The thing about smaller towns, especially touristy ones, is that they lack street food and variety. Street food is what makes eating cheap when there is not a suprmarket around! But oh well, it was a great place to visit! And did I mention how fabulous the castle is??

I'm heading out to Austria tomorrow! I'm very excited! The shuttle bus will take me directly to Linz fior about $20 USD and it only takes an hour. Better than the train, and WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than the damn bus I had to take from Prague! Oh my god!! It was horrendous! First of all, it was PACKED! All the seats were taken, plus the aisle was crammed full of people. That's right! Apparently the Czecks are not too worried with roadway safety! I had people hovering over me for 3 hours, grunting and groaning because of the heat! Oh yes... it was HOTTER THAN HELL! And of course the bus did not have A/C. So, it was packed and it reeked of BO. Plus, this guy who was pushed up against me (my shoulder was intimate with his penis, which was lovely) kept caughing right on my head! It was blowing my hair forward! I really wanted to turn around and scream "Cover your fucking mouth" at him. But he wouldn't have understood me, so I kept my mouth shut and tried not to breathe. I couldn't wait to get off the bus. But now, it's kind of funny! Unless I get sick again.....

Anyway, I loved the Czech republic! But I'm looking forward to austria and my first taste of the Alps! My next post will be from Vienna! I can't believe I've been traveling for almost 5 weeks??!! Wow.... so much has happened! I'm exhausted, but am having a great time!! The whole hostel thing is getting old. I hate bunk beds. And, of course, I have had to sleep on the top bunk on numerous occassions. Each time, I can't help but think of the movie Tommy Boy, where Chris Farley demands to sleep up top and comes crashing down in the middle of the night. ~~~Fat girl in a little bu - unk~~~ Do the little dance when you sing that, and you will get the full effect!

Any-hoo, I'm off! That ice cream sundae is calling my name! Pippa .... Pippa...

No comments: