Saturday, April 07, 2007

Alas.... PICTURES!!!!!

I have found aplace to upload pictures! So, at the end of this post, you will find a link to my online album! None of the pics have been edited in any way,so I apologize for that! Once I get to a place where I can, I will edit them!

Anyway, today has been interesting! With the aid of Xanax, I actually slept OK last night in the ridiculous 38 bed dorm room that I chose. It was the bathrooms this morning that was about the kill me! Too many people! The entire hostel, as is every hostel in the city, is booked solid through the weekend! I thought it would be good to save some money! There are definitely some interesting folk staying here. Think of every type of person imaginable, and they are in my room! Oh well.... it's only for a few nights.

So, this morning i got an early start and made my way to the Scottish Museum of Modern Art and the Dean Gallery. It was great! They had some REALLY interesting work by contemporary artists! I then caught the free museum shuttle and stopped at the Scottish National Gallery. They had some great Impressionist works! After getting my fill of Degas, Cezanne, Van Gogh, Monet, Raphael, so on etc, I headed over to the Royal Scottish Academy of Art. WOW! Some of the work that was being offered was incredible! I wish that I was able to buy some of it! There were 3 or 4 pieces that I LOVED!!

Any-hoo... after wandering the various museums and galleries, I was famished. So, I did the unthinkable! I went to McDonald's for lunch. I swore that I wouldn't.... but I caved. It was quick and cheap (£3.69 for a value meal) and there. It tasted exactly the same. But the Monopoly Pieces were fun!

After, I popped into Marks & Spencer (my favorite store in the UK so far) and picked up a few things that should get me through tomorrow night. I also splurged and got a couple of Chaux Buns for dessert! They are basically giant cream puffs with chocolate fondant on top....oh yea! I also picked up some more of my probiotic toffee yogurt!

So.... now I'm back at the hostel, uploading pics and hanging out. I'm actually a bit bored! And tomorrow will be worse! I'm just going to hang out, do laundry, and... um....hmmmm. Not really sure what else! It's Easter, so everything will be closed! Oy Vey!! It will be good to have a day to get my shit together before heading down to Chester and North Wales! I wish that i hadn't brought so much damn stuff! I think that I will be mailing some stuff back to the US when I mail the first round of Prezzies and souvenirs!! I want to get to the point where I only have the one pack to schlep around! I want to be able to put my day pack in the main pack and be done with it!

Any-hoo... without further ado.... drum roll, please..... the link to my online photo album:
http://pippaseuroadventure07.shutterfly.com ! Yes... there are A LOT of pictures (about 250), but it's worth it! And believe it or not, this is NOT all of them - I had to chose from about 500!!!! LOL! I will upload some more tomorrow probably! Hope you like them!

No comments: