Friday, March 30, 2007

Psychics and Mystics and Crystals... Oh MY!!

So, I left London this morning. There was a series of misadventures and miscommunication that made the day very interesting! I went to Paddington Station to catch the train to Bristol. All was going well and then I missed the first train because the 2nd digit on the front board wasn't working or something so I went to Platform 1 instead of platform 13. Oh well... there was a train coming at 11:30. So, I make my way to the correct platform, but my ticket wouldn't scan. The conductor came over and told me that my ticket was only valid from the Waterloo station. Ok.... so, I headed all the way across town to Waterloo station, and waited for the next train there which left at 12:20. Finally, I boarded the right train at the right station! Oy vey. I just kept thinking that this little drama was played out for the amusement of my Buddhas. So, I chuckled to myself and thought of what lessons I could take from it. Hmmmm... perhaps make certain that i go to the right station?

The train ride was very long. It took about 3 hours to get to Bristol. the ride was Nice! I journaled the entire way, so it passed by very quickly. A sad girl sat across from for part of the journey. I wondered what she thinking of. Arriving at Bristol Temple Meads, I headed to the TI office to find out which bus I needed to take for Glastonbury. That is right... Glastonbury is a weee bit of a town that is not serviced by any trains. ~So, I walked down the hill and found the bus stop. I stood there waiting and struck up a conversation with an older gent waiting as well. he was interesting and heading for Glastonbury as well. The bus took over an hour to get to the little town. I thought I would die several times. The bus was going like 60 mph around these tight corners and hugging the edge of the road, which of course dropped off into a ravine. But I made it alive and in one piece and Richard walked me to the hostel and gave me some pointers about pubs and such. By the time I checked in and paid (£42 for 3 nights), it was well after 5pm. So, I decided to drop my bags off and take a walk. Immediately, I met a guy named Steve. I was admiring some New Agey type books in a shop window. He came out of the store and came up beside me and started chatting me up. He was a long haired, hippie teacher from North Yorkshire here on holiday. He had terrible teeth but was a genuinely nice chap. He told me that there is a Psychic Fair going on tomorrow, so that should be fun! We said I goodbyes and I headed out to window shop (everything seems to close at 5 or 6 here) and find something to eat. While I was out and not doing much, I decided to update this blog!

So.... that's brings me to real time. I'm here now typing away in Glastonbury, England... right in the heart of Somerset! I travelled through the Cotswolds and it is gorgeous. Lots of sheep! Any - hoo.... tomorrow should be fun! I'll be visiting the Abbey ruins, the Psychic Fair (Of Course), and wandering!! It will be great!!!

Oh... don't forget to read below. I've been posting in segments, so there are often more than one in a day. Well.... I'm off to ride the Astral Plane back to my hostel!

No comments: